(Father’s Day Gift)
Crochet Pattern By: Amal Saleh
This pattern is worked from top down using F hook and sport weight yarn category 2.
Medium, Large and Xlarge.
Easy to Intermediate
Finished Measurements (Unstretched):
|Size||Center to Edge||Circumference at Edge|
Size F hook (3.75mm), and about 200 to 350 Yards Sport Weight Yarn.
5 Stitches and 4 Rows in 1 Inch.
- This pattern has 4 parts: Crown, Body, Edge and Front Brim.
- The Crown is worked in 5 rounds and includes all the increase stitches, while the Body is just a repeat.
- The one round Edge is finished with reduction to give it a tighter look.
- Halfway before the last round, try the hat on and decide how many more rounds you need.
- 3-Ch at the beginning of each round, counts as one stitch.
- The Front Brim includes one row of DC & 8 rows of FBDC.
Stitches & Abbreviations:
|Bpdc||Back Post Double Crochet|
|3-Ch||3 Chain Stitch|
|Fpdc||Front Post Double Crochet|
|Fphdc||Front Post Half Double Crochet|
|Join||Slip Stitch Into V-Stitch between 3-Ch & next Stitch|
|Sl St||Slip Stitch|
Medium, (Large, XLarge)
Magic Ring or Ch4, join to form a Ring.
Rnd1 – Ch3, 19(21, 23)Dc in Ring, Join. Total 20 (22, 24) Sts
Rnd2 – Ch3, * Fpdc, Bpdc*. Rep * to *, Join.
Rnd3 (increase) – Ch3, 2Dc in each St, 2Dc in last Sp, Join. Total 40 (44, 48)
Rnd4 – Ch3, * Fpdc, Bpdc *. Rep * to *, Join.
Rnd5 (increase) – Ch3, 2Dc in each st, 2Dc in last Sp, Join. Total 80 (88, 96)
Rnd 6 & 8 & 10 & 12 & 14 &16 & 18 & 20 – Ch3, * Fpdc, Bpdc *. Rep * to *, Join.
Rnd7 & 9 & 11 & 13 & 15 & 17 & 19 (21, 21) – Ch3, Dc in each St, Join.
Rnd21 (22, 22) – Ch3, *Fpdc, Sk one St, Fpdc, Bpdc*, Rep * to *, Fpdc, Join.
Sl St at the 16th Sp from the beginning of last Rnd and secure.
Row 1 – Ch 3, Dc in each Sp of the next 30 Sts.
Row 2 – Ch3, Fphdc in each St, Sk last St.
Row 3 &4 & 5 & 6 & 7 & 8 – Rep Row 2.
Finish edge with backwards Sc (Crab St)